Need hands on activities to practice any words? Use playdough mats and let kids read and use different manipulatives to brighten the words up. The EDITABLE VERSION is available. Create your own playdough mats!
What results do teachers see after using editable playdough mats?
- "Love using the play dough mats to learn sight words!"
- "The perfect activity to learn sight words and work on fine motor skills!"
- "Can't wait to use. Just bought a bunch of art supplies too."
- "Very helpful."
- "These are perfect to use with my ABA students! Thanks!"
What sight words are practiced?
Apart from the editable version, the packet has the document with 100 NO-PREP sight words from various lists:
(in alphabetical order)
a, about, all, am, an, and, are, as, ask, at, back, be, because, been, big, but, by, call, can, come, could, cut, did, do, does, done, down, drink, eat, every, find, for, from, get, give, go, good, had, has, have, he, help, her, here, him, his, how, I, if, in, is, it, keep, know, let, like, little, look, make, many, me, much, must, my, never, no, not, now, of, off, on, open, or, out, over, play, please, put, said, see, she, sit, so, some, tell, that, the, then, there, they, this, to, too, up, very, was, we, were, will, you
The editable pdf document opens in Adobe Acrobat Pro only!
The editable version has a font different from the document with 100 words because of licensing issues.
How to add words you want (sight words / phonics / alphabet / blends, etc.)
- download the certain free font (link is provided).
- unzip the file with the font and install it to your computer.
- open the editable version of sight word mats with Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- edit text boxes (available in 3 font sizes).