If you need to practice Ordering Adjectives over and over (because I know how challenging the topic is for students), grab this packet which contains 170+ cards!
What results do teachers see* after using these activities?
- "My students LOVED using this activity during centers time. They always ask when we are going to ordering adjectives again." - Elena S.
- "Thank you for these cards, they were very helpful with my ESL student."
- "We needed lots of practice with this and these were just the ticket."
*Taken from my TPT store.
What does this set include?
~ 72 “put words in order” cards
~ 27 “describe the object” cards
~ 8 “categories” cards
~ 63 “match adjectives with categories” cards
Common Core Aligned. Standard Addressed:
L.4.1.d Order adjectives within sentences according to conventional patterns (e.g., a small red bag rather than a red small bag).
How to use the set?
- Print out and cut the cards. The cards have a picture (denotes the object) and a text (adjectives and a noun). The task is to put words in order. There are 27 cards where there are 2 adjectives before a noun (they have a blue frame). There are 27 cards with 3 adjectives before a noun and 18 cards with 4 adjectives before a noun (they have a purple frame).
- Print out and cut the cards. The cards have a picture only (denotes the object). The task is to describe the object using 2 adjectives (cards have a blue frame) or 3/4 adjectives (cards have a purple frame). Students must follow the order of adjectives! There are 27 cards altogether.
- Print out and cut the cards. These are the cards of categories.
- Print out and cut the cards. These are the cards with different adjectives. The task is to match them with categories cards (mentioned above). There are 64 cards aktogether.