Looking for conversation starters to get ESL / ELA students to speak? Break down barriers with these 90 ice breakers. Help students build conversational confidence in an exciting way.
What results do teachers see after using Conversation Starters?
- "This was a fun, interactive way to help my special education students work on their social skills. Thanks!" - Kristin
- "Great questions. I use these with my intellectually disabled high school students to spark conversation and work on eye contact, volume, etc." - C.M.
- "Perfect for my adult ESOL students! Thank you!" - Christine
- "This is great for our morning circles and ELD! Thank you!" - Jessica
- "Perfect addition to my morning table talk questions."
- "So perfect for my grade 6 intensive English students! Nice work!" - Marie
- "Love the variety of questions - great for a get to know you activity and promoting oral communication."
- "This is a great set of questions to allow students to think about topics they might not normally think about. It is a fun way for ELL's to practice language skills. The variety that you have provided in this set is excellent."
- "Love these conversation starters. I will use these as warm ups and also to fill those pesky few minutes that are sometimes left in class."
- "Great way to get students talking and sharing while having some fun!" - Stacy
How to use this ESL Activities set?
- warm up activity
- morning meeting questions
- morning message
- speaking and listening activity
- writing prompts
- for early finishers
Ice Breakers set includes:
Find inside 30 pages with 90 "Would you rather?" questions.
Available in color and black and white versions!
The cards are perfect for Pre-Intermediate to Advanced level ESL students (teenagers and adults), and ELA / ELL students.