Looking for an engaging emergent reader for preschool and kindergarten? Want to introduce Earth Day to kids? Read with this sight word reader! Use these Earth Day activities for Google Classroom or print and read! Great as a guided reader or for individual practice.
Wait! Before purchasing, check out the bundle!
What will you get in this set?
✔ Teacher Notes pdf (with the link and directions to access Google Slides)
✔ 22 interactive slides with moveable pieces
Number of slides: 22
Common Core Standards addressed: RF.K.3
Grade Levels: PreK, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, Homeschool
See the Earth Day emergent reader in action
Ways to use the sight word reader
- Sometimes I directly use it in Google Slides (through Google Classroom) where kids read a sentence and then drag a star to a certain word. This way is possible only in EDIT MODE.
- If you'd love to use it in PRESENTATION MODE, kids will just read sentences (visual and oral work).
- If you are offline, download the Google Slides set (beforehand) by saving as a PDF document. Open for a kid on a tablet and let him/her read and tap to the next slide.
- Save as a PDF document and print the pages. Let the kids touch the paper and read.
What words are practiced?
- sight words: we, must.
- Earth Day vocabulary: reduce, reuse, recycle, cans, teens, trees, flowers, bottles, plastic, newspapers, paper, cardboard.
Want to wishlist this set? Pin for later.