Looking for a fun way to practice Signs Around You words? Use these typewriters - interactive notebooks! This is an engaging way for your kids to learn the Functional Words. This typewriters interactive packet contains 119 pages which are easy for the students to understand and perfect for Kindergarten and Grade 1.
What results do teachers see after using sight words typewriters?
- "Thanks so much for going out of your way to make these for me. My students really benefit from the extra enrichment. This is a wonderful resource!" - Cynthia
What sight words are practiced?
Life Skills: Signs around you list
stop, exit, boys, poison, fire, girls, in, danger, bus, out, men, go, elevator, women, hot, closed, on, cold, up, telephone, open, police, walk off, gentlemen, down, keep out, push, beware of dog, water, pull, restrooms, cashier, enter,
don’t walk, ladies, keep off, escalator, watch your step, caution, hospital, do not enter, railroad crossing, food,
no trespassing, out of order, quiet, employees only,
first aid, private
Activities to practice each sight word:
- "Type" the word highlighting the letters.
- Brighten the word:
- color it with crayons / pencils
- paint using q-tips
- decorate using play dough and rice
- Trace the word
- Write the word
- Rainbow write the word
- Build the word
- Circle the word
- Find the rhyme
- Find it (in the word search)
- Make a sentence (under the flap)
- Find and highlight the word (on the pencil)
These sight word activities are perfect for prek, kindergarten, first grade, and second grade students. After some some guidance and modeling students can complete new words independently.