How do you teach sight words to kindergarten kids? You use interactive notebooks of course! See them in action and download for free to try yourself!
By the way, these printables can be used as send home packets for kids. Instead of making interactive notebooks, kids can use them as no prep worksheets (almost all the pages) and practice sight words in a fun way!
What results do teachers using sight words interactive notebooks?
- "Thank you for helping me to work smarter, not harder." - Brenda
- "So creative! love how it teaches keyboarding skills as well." - Michelle
- "I highly recommend this product to place in centers." - Keithca
- "Wonderful for my students! They are able to do it independently." - Dana
- "This was exactly what I needed!" - Diane
- "Love this different way of learning. Thanks!" - Pamela
- "Provides great practice!" - Frances
- "Perfect for my below level readers. Thank You!" - Leona
- "Used this in my intervention groups and the kids really liked it." - Michelle
- "Thank you. Good way to change-up learning!" - Janet
How do we practice each sight word?
We "type" the word highlighting the letters
We brighten the word:
- color it with crayons / pencils
- paint using q-tips
- decorate using play dough and rice
We trace the word
We write the word
We rainbow write the word
We build the word
We circle the word
We find the rhyme
We find the word (in the word search)
We make a sentence (under the flap)
We find and highlight the word (on the pencil)
By the way, if you don't have much time for preparation, use these sight word worksheets as No-Prep activities for kids. Just print and go!
Ready to try the freebie? Grab it below.
To get the freebie, fill out the form below with your personal email and name. Don't forget to confirm the subscription by going to your inbox (check your spam folder too).
Ready to practice more words? See what sets and lists are available!