How do you teach sight words to struggling readers? You use interactive notebooks of course! See them in action and download for free to try yourself!
What results do teachers using sight words interactive notebooks?
- "Thank you for helping me to work smarter, not harder." - Brenda
- "So creative! love how it teaches keyboarding skills as well." - Michelle
- "I highly recommend this product to place in centers." - Keithca
- "Wonderful for my students! They are able to do it independently." - Dana
- "This was exactly what I needed!" - Diane
- "Love this different way of learning. Thanks!" - Pamela
- "Provides great practice!" - Frances
- "Perfect for my below level readers. Thank You!" - Leona
- "Used this in my intervention groups and the kids really liked it." - Michelle
- "Thank you. Good way to change-up learning!" - Janet
How do we practice each sight word?
Step 1. We "type" the word highlighting the letters.
Step 2. We brighten the word:
- color it with crayons / pencils
- paint using q-tips
- decorate using play dough and rice
Step 3. We trace the word.
Step 4. We write the word.
Step 5. We rainbow write the word.
Step 6. We build the word.
Step 7. We circle the word.
Step 8. We find the rhyme.
Step 9. We find it (in the word search)
Step 10. We make a sentence (under the flap)
Step 11. We find and highlight the word (on the pencil)
By the way, if you don't have much time for preparation, use these sight word worksheets as No-Prep activities for kids. Just print and go!
Ready to try the freebie? Grab it below.
Ready to practice more words? See what sets and lists are available!
Do you use interactive notebooks to teach sight words? Share your experience below!
JOIN OUR TRIBE for more teaching activities and ideas.