These activities for kids provide engaging, hands-on ways to build up sight words knowledge and increase reading skills. Use the packet as interactive notebooks or no-prep worksheets and master high frequency words.
What results do teachers see after using sight words typewriters?
- "I love that this follows Edmark words! Perfect for a few of my students with autism."
- "This was exactly what I needed!"
- "Great addition to the reading program!"
- "Wonderful for my students!! They are able to do it independently."
- "This is a great resource. It has helped by students so much."
What sight words are practiced?
LEVEL 1: words 1-100 from Edmark list
- horse, a, car, yellow, see, ball, and, fish, boy, I
- airplane, the, girl, little, in, box, green, put, chicken, with
- apple, is, big, spoon, my, pencil, red, banana, cow, find
- egg, water, blue, go, candy, has, mother, eat, boat, you
- orange, to, ride, dog, under, tree, long, flower, he, said
- black, sky, on, table, funny, up, bread, cat, school, play
- teacher, run, it, purple, she, father, are, bird, not, chair
- telephone, or, grass, sit, ice cream, there, we, book, happy, can
- paper, one, drink, at, they, cup, fast, will, man, have
- elephant, slow, scissors, take, good, six, what, for, zoo, milk
Activities to practice each sight word:
- "Type" the word highlighting the letters.
- Brighten the word:
- color it with crayons / pencils
- paint using q-tips
- decorate using play dough and rice
- Trace the word
- Write the word
- Rainbow write the word
- Build the word
- Circle the word
- Find the rhyme
- Find it (in the word search)
- Make a sentence (under the flap)
- Find and highlight the word (on the pencil)
These sight word activities are perfect for prek, kindergarten, first grade, and second grade students. After some some guidance and modeling students can complete new words independently.
Want to wishlist this set? Pin for later.