Teaching sight words is difficult? Nope! The Journeys kindergarten sight words set is something you've been looking for. Engaging. Fun. Versatile.
What results do teachers see after using sight words typewriters?
- "Thank you for creating this bundle for the Journeys curriculum. I love that you have multiple ways to review & learn sight words that are fun; because after all kindergarten is all about the fun."
- "This is a great addition to my word work station!"
- "This is a great Daily 5 Word Work activity!"
- "Great activity. It was fun explaining what a type writer is. Lol."
What sight words are practiced?
- UNIT 1: I, like, the, and
- UNIT 2: see, we, a, to, can (an extra word)
- UNIT 3: come, me, with, my, you, what, are, now
- UNIT 4: is, of, so, how, where, many, find, from, but, this, came, on, will, into, your, be, that, who, go, here, soon, for, they, up, it (an extra word)
- UNIT 5: make, them, give, play, say, new, said, was, then, good, ate, could, she, over, her, all, when, some, he, away, must, no, by, there
- UNIT 6: do, went, only, down, little, just, have, one, every, help, ask, walk, look, very, their, out, saw, put, off, our, day, take, too, show
Activities to practice each sight word:
- "Type" the word highlighting the letters.
- Brighten the word:
- color it with crayons / pencils
- paint using q-tips
- decorate using play dough and rice
- Trace the word
- Write the word
- Rainbow write the word
- Build the word
- Circle the word
- Find the rhyme
- Find it (in the word search)
- Make a sentence (under the flap)
- Find and highlight the word (on the pencil)
What a cute idea to practice sight words! - Erin
Such a cool idea! It makes learning more fun. - Sharon
I could use this with my homeschooling! - Kaylee
What a great idea to work on reading with my son! - Kaitlin
Thank you for helping me to work smarter, not harder. - Brenda
So creative! Love how it teaches keyboarding skills as well. - Michelle