Enjoy hands-on activities and practice high-frequency words from the Oxford words list. Help kids recognize, write, read and learn the top 100 sight words that are key to reading success. // Australian Curriculum
What results do teachers see after using sight words typewriters?
- "I highly recommend this product to place in centers."
- "Brilliant. Highly recommended."
What sight words are practiced?
Oxford word list FIRST HUNDRED
I, the, and, to, a, was, my, went, we, on, it, then, he, had, in, they, with, of, there, got, she, said, played, one, is, were, day, so, when, home, you, at, me, mum, for, dad, but, saw, house, that, weekend, time, her, go, came, because, up, his, once, after, fun, like, some, have, are, out, going, called, all, play, Sunday, upon, Saturday, did, school, two, very, back, ate, get, lived, am, him, watched, little, can, bought, brother, big, birthday, them, bed, made, name, too, next, dog, lots, night, not, friends, into, an, park, will, car, our, do, sister, be.
Activities to practice each sight word:
- "Type" the word highlighting the letters.
- Brighten the word:
- colour it with crayons / pencils
- paint using cotton buds
- decorate using play dough and rice
- Trace the word
- Write the word
- Rainbow write the word
- Build the word
- Circle the word
- Find the rhyme
- Find it (in the word search)
- Make a sentence (under the flap)
- Find and highlight the word (on the pencil)
After some some guidance and modeling students can complete new words independently.