Use these typewriters with your kids as engaging reading strategies and introduce, practice and review Fry's 101-200 words. The buyer said: "This was an excellent way to gain an uninterested student's attention. He said, "This is fun!" What a great idea!!!"
What results do teachers see after using sight words typewriters?
- "My older students actually enjoy this activity." - Weenona
- "A very different way to teach sight words!" - Lauren
- "Thanks. This is just what I need." - Jacquie
What sight words are practiced?
FRY's second hundred list
over, new, sound, take, only, little, work, know, place, years, live, me, back, give, most, very, after, things, our, just, name, good, sentence, man, think, say, great, where, help, through, much, before, line, right, too, means, old, any, same, tell, boy, follow, came, want, show, also, around, form, three, small set put end does, another, well, large, must, big, even, such, because, turn, here, why, ask, went, men, read, need, land, different, home, us, move, try, kind, hand, picture, again, change, off, play, spell, air, away, animal, house, point, page, letter, mother, answer, found, study, still, learn, should, America, world
Activities to practice each sight word:
- "Type" the word highlighting the letters.
- Brighten the word:
- color it with crayons / pencils
- paint using q-tips
- decorate using play dough and rice
- Trace the word
- Write the word
- Rainbow write the word
- Build the word
- Circle the word
- Find the rhyme
- Find it (in the word search)
- Make a sentence (under the flap)
- Find and highlight the word (on the pencil)
These sight word activities are perfect for prek, kindergarten, first grade, and second grade students. After some some guidance and modeling students can complete new words independently.