Let's teach Fry sight words in a fun way! The packet has practical, step-by-step exercises to help kindergarten and First Grade children learn to sight-read, write, and practice 200 essential high-frequency words.
What results do teachers see after using sight words typewriters?
- "These are great. We do at least 2 heart words a week. These are perfect for my kinder kids. They get to trace the word, practice writing, finding the word, rainbow write, build it on their own, retain red is for vowels and blue is for constants...they put these in their journals each week. So glad I found them."
- "I teach special education and my kids really struggle with learning their sight words. I love this bundle because it gives them ways to work with the words independently and also makes it fun."
- "Thank you. My ESL students love interactive notebooks even more."
- "This was a great alternative centre for kids who needed differentiation."
- "Good variety of activities for sight words."
- "Thank you for helping me to work smarter, not harder."
What sight words are practiced?
These 200 words are practiced according to the Fry word list:
the, of, and, a, to, in, is, you, that, it, he, was, for, on, are, as, with, his, they, I, at, be, this, have, from, or, one, had, by, words, but, not, what, all, were, we, when, your, can, said, there, use, an, each, which, she, do, how, their, if, will, up, other, about, out, many, then, them, these, so, some, her, would, make, like, him, into, time, has, look, two, more, write, go, see, number, no, way, could, people, my, than, first, water, been, called, who, oil, sit, now, find, long, down, day, did, get, come, made, may, part, over, new, sound, take, only, little, work, know, place, years, live, me, back, give, most, very, after, things, our, just, name, good, sentence, man, think, say, great, where, help, through, much, before, line, right, too, means, old, any, same, tell, boy, follow, came, want, show, also, around, form, three, small, set, put, end, does, another, well, large, must, big, even, such, because, turn, here, why, ask, went, men, read, need, land, different, home, us, move, try, kind, hand, picture, again, change, off, play, spell, air, away, animal, house, point, page, letter, mother, answer, found, study, still, learn, should, America, world.
BONUS FILE: (available only in huge bundles) editable version has been added!
All the tasks except for #9 "Find it (in the word search)" are available for you. Just fill in the fields with your words.
After your purchase the bundle, just reply to email with your download and I'll send you the editable templates (if you need them of course).
What set are included in the bundle?
Activities to practice each sight word:
- "Type" the word highlighting the letters.
- Brighten the word:
- color it with crayons / pencils
- paint using q-tips
- decorate using play dough and rice
- Trace the word
- Write the word
- Rainbow write the word
- Build the word
- Circle the word
- Find the rhyme
- Find it (in the word search)
- Make a sentence (under the flap)
- Find and highlight the word (on the pencil)
These sight word activities are perfect for prek, kindergarten, first grade, and second grade students. After some some guidance and modeling students can complete new words independently.