Looking for fun, engaging, but effective and memorable sight words activities to practice words from First Grade List? Grab this set and get kids excited with high frequency words!
What sight words are practiced?
Grade 1 list
of, his, had, him, her, some, as, then, could, when, were, them, ask, an, over, just, from, any, how, know, put, take, every, old, by, after, think, let, going, walk, again, may, stop, fly, round, give, once, open, has, live, thank
Activities to practice each sight word:
- "Type" the word highlighting the letters.
- Brighten the word:
- color it with crayons / pencils
- paint using q-tips
- decorate using play dough and rice
- Trace the word
- Write the word
- Rainbow write the word
- Build the word
- Circle the word
- Find the rhyme
- Find it (in the word search)
- Make a sentence (under the flap)
- Find and highlight the word (on the pencil)
These sight word activities are perfect for kindergarten, first grade, and second grade students. After some some guidance and modeling students can complete new words independently.