Need to teach Primer sight words to kids? Use this interactive notebook / no-prep worksheets combo. You'll get kids engaged and excited about each sight words!
What sight words are practiced?
he, was, that, she, on, they, but, at, with, all, there, out, be, have, am, do, did, what, so, get, like, this, will, yes, went, are, now, no, came, ride, into, good, want, too, pretty, four, saw, well, ran, brown, eat, who, new, must, black, white, soon, our, ate, say, under, please
Activities to practice each sight word:
- "Type" the word highlighting the letters.
- Brighten the word:
- color it with crayons / pencils
- paint using q-tips
- decorate using play dough and rice
- Trace the word
- Write the word
- Rainbow write the word
- Build the word
- Circle the word
- Find the rhyme
- Find it (in the word search)
- Make a sentence (under the flap)
- Find and highlight the word (on the pencil)
These sight word activities are perfect for prek, kindergarten and first grade students. After some some guidance and modeling students can complete new words independently.