Need lots of activities to master sight words from pre-primer list? This set provides practice at the beginning reading level, and introduces 40 of the most common sight words. Kids will read more fluently and write with greater ease.
What results do teachers see after using sight words typewriters?
- "This concept is great to sight word review and practice!"
- "Great resource, thank you."
What sight words are practiced?
the, to, and, a, I, you, it, in, said, for, up, look, is, go, we, little, down, can, see, not, one, my, me, big, come, blue, red, where, jump, away, here, help, make, yellow, two, play, run, find, three, funny
Activities to practice each sight word:
- "Type" the word highlighting the letters.
- Brighten the word:
- color it with crayons / pencils
- paint using q-tips
- decorate using play dough and rice
- Trace the word
- Write the word
- Rainbow write the word
- Build the word
- Circle the word
- Find the rhyme
- Find it (in the word search)
- Make a sentence (under the flap)
- Find and highlight the word (on the pencil)
These sight word activities are perfect for prek, kindergarten and first grade students. After some some guidance and modeling students can complete new words independently.