If you need to find all the answers to your questions about Seesaw, you are in the right place! I've put here all the useful information, tips, and tricks about Seesaw!
Getting started with Seesaw
Need the basics about getting started with Seesaw? Watch the video below.
In this video you'll find out:
- How to set up an account and class
- How to add students
- How to set up Seesaw for remote learning
- How to view student work
- Two ways students post to the Journal
- How to find and assign activities
- How to approve student posts
If you are using Seesaw for Schools Teachers, there is a slightly different procedure. Watch the video below.
How to add a family member
See all the details in this post. But for remote learning it's better to use just a Class app, without getting a Family app.
How to use Google Slides in Seesaw
Many teachers have asked me how to add Google Slides to Seesaw so that moveable pieces could work. There is a way!
- Step 1: Prepare your Google Slides set
- Step 2: Create an assignment in Seesaw and add the Google Slides set
- Step 3: Add the Google Slides set
- How a student joins a class in Seesaw
- How a student sees the assignment in Seesaw
- How a student turns in the assignment on desktop
- How a teacher sees who responded to the assignment in Seesaw
- How a student turns in the assignment on a tablet
Activities for Seesaw
What activities can you use right now? Start by using the Community library in Seesaw or create your own activities. Watch the video below about creating simple activities in Seesaw.
You can also check out ready to use activities with your students I've created. Practice sight words, phonics, CVC words, read sentences, practice addition and subtraction, etc.
More tips and tricks about Seesaw
- If you have any questions about Seesaw, check out help center first.
- When using a labeling tool, students can add not only text but also emojis.
- Use folders for organization.
- Collaborate with co-teachers.
- Add skills to activities.
- With Seesaw Plus or Seesaw for Schools, you can schedule activities.
- When you create activities and add instructions, always have the page "Seesaw Icon Shortcut" open in a new tab. The dotted square in the top left of the page hides all the tools that fill the bottom of the page. When you click the dotted square it becomes a pen. Click the pen to get the tools back.
Q: What tips about Seesaw do you know?